|NEONATOLOGY QUIZ FOR PEDIATRICIANS
|Year : 2021 | Volume
| Issue : 4 | Page : 283-284
Peeyush Jain, Anand Bhatia
Department of Pediatrics, NDMC Medical College and associated Hindu Rao Hospital, Delhi, India
|Date of Submission||17-Oct-2021|
|Date of Decision||28-Oct-2021|
|Date of Acceptance||15-Nov-2021|
|Date of Web Publication||29-Nov-2021|
Dr. Peeyush Jain
2/32, Ansari Road, Darya Ganj, New Delhi - 100 002
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Jain P, Bhatia A. Neo-Quiz 4. Indian Pediatr Case Rep 2021;1:283-4
- During an online expert consultation session, a general practitioner was sent the summary a 2-day-old boy with rashes [Refer to the figure below]. The baby was born at term with a birth weight of 2 kg. The discharge summary recorded normal vitals and abnormal heart sounds. What is this rash? What is the most likely diagnosis?
- A 3-day-old boy has an unusual appearance [Refer to the figure below]. Both the baby's eyes are of different color and he is nonresponsive to loud sounds. What is the most likely diagnosis?
- A baby boy is born to an insulin dependent diabetic mother. The presence of abdominal distension and initial inability to pass stools (which had subsequently improved) led the doctor to investigate for Hirschsprung's disease. However, the rectal ganglion cells were normal. What other condition should be considered?
- Identify the inheritance pattern depicted in the following figure.
- Name a glycogen storage disease which is also a lysosomal storage disease
- What is the stomach capacity of a neonate at birth?
- Which component of breastmilk is effective against Entamoeba histolytica?
Declaration of patient consent
The authors certify that they have obtained all appropriate patient consent forms. In the form, the patient(s) has/have given his/her/their consent for his/her/their images and other clinical information to be reported in the journal. The patients understand that their names and initials will not be published and due efforts will be made to conceal their identity, but anonymity cannot be guaranteed.
Financial support and sponsorship
Conflicts of interest
There are no conflicts of interest.