|NEONATOLOGY QUIZ FOR PAEDIATRICIANS
|Year : 2021 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 149-150
Sanjana Somanath Hansoge
Department of Neonatology, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India
|Date of Submission||27-Feb-2021|
|Date of Decision||01-May-2021|
|Date of Acceptance||02-May-2021|
|Date of Web Publication||31-May-2021|
Dr. Sanjana Somanath Hansoge
C/O Dr Rohit. V, Room No. 501, Atreya Hostel-14, AIIMS Campus, Masjid Moth, New Delhi - 110 049
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Hansoge SS. Neo-quiz 2. Indian Pediatr Case Rep 2021;1:149-50
- A baby boy was born at 36-week gestation to a primigravida with a history of polyhydramnios but otherwise normal antenatal period. He was delivered by a cesarean section due to cephalopelvic disproportion (birth weight is 4.1 kg). Apgar scores were normal. The baby is dysmorphic with a large protruding tongue, dysplastic ears, bilateral auricular pits and tags [Figure 1], hemihypertrophy of the left upper and lower limbs, umbilical hernia, and bilateral palpable abdominal masses (identified as kidneys on ultrasonography). The baby had hypoglycemia (blood sugar 32 mg/dl) at 2 hours of birth which normalized only after reaching a glucose infusion rate of 10 mg/kg/min. What syndrome does the baby have?
- Which maternal antibodies are responsible for most cases of neonatal lupus?
- A 28-week female baby was born with a birth weight of 980 g. The baby is discharged after a stay of 56 days in the neonatal intensive care unit. Which growth chart should be used to interpret her anthropometric parameters (i) at birth and (ii) at discharge? Till what gestational age can these charts be used?
- A pregnant woman comes for a routine antenatal checkup at 34-week gestation. Hypertension is noted for the first time, and her abdominal ultrasonography shows the estimated fetal weight at 7th centile for gestational age. [Figure 2] shows a Doppler image of the umbilical artery. What does this finding signify?
- A 14-day-old female term appropriate for gestational age (AGA) baby is born with these skin lesions [Figure 3]. Identify the disorder. What is the most common gene responsible for this, and what is the mode of inheritance?
- What is Quintero staging, and why is it used during twin pregnancy?
- Which intravitreal drugs are used in the management of aggressive posterior retinopathy of prematurity?
- What is the most common genetic cause of hearing loss in neonates?
- A 38-week male AGA neonate noted to have mongoloid facies, simian crease, and sandal gap presents with recurrent bilious vomiting on the second day of life. The abdominal X-ray picture is given in [Figure 4]. What is the radiological finding called and what condition will you suspect? What conditions will you suspect if this sign is seen in the presence of distal bowel gas?
- What is the name of the following graph [Figure 5], and what is it used for? If a value falls in zone 3, what does that indicate?
Financial support and sponsorship
Conflicts of interest
There are no conflicts of interest.
[Figure 1], [Figure 2], [Figure 3], [Figure 4], [Figure 5]