|NEONATOLOGY QUIZ FOR PEDIATRICIANS (NEO-QUIZ 5)
|Year : 2022 | Volume
| Issue : 1 | Page : 0
Neonatology Quiz for Pediatricians (Neo-Quiz 5)
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, SGT University, Gurugram, Haryana, India
|Date of Web Publication||25-Feb-2022|
Dr. Nidhi Bedi
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, SGT University, Gurugram, Haryana
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Bedi N. Neonatology Quiz for Pediatricians (Neo-Quiz 5). Indian Pediatr Case Rep 2022;2:0
- Identify the inheritance pattern in the pedigree tree [Figure 1]
- In which inborn errors of metabolism will you get a positive ferric chloride test?
- How long after birth can colonic gas shadow be appreciated in an abdominal X-ray of a newborn?
- A newborn-term baby develops marked respiratory distress immediately after birth. The chest X-ray [Figure 2] reveals the following radiological features. Identify the condition
- A large for gestational age baby girl was born at term with an omphalocele. She was shifted to an intensive care setting and provided with supportive care, including a radiant warmer and intravenous fluids. Despite this, 2 h later, she developed hypoglycemia and hypothermia. What is the most likely diagnosis?
- What is the most common sequela of a periventricular hemorrhagic infarction in a preterm baby?
- The metabolic profile of a 96-h-old newborn with a suspected inborn error of metabolism comprises of a normal pH, normal carbon dioxide concentration, in the presence of increased levels of ammonia (180 μmol/L) and plasma citrulline (1250 μmol/L). What is the most likely diagnosis?
Financial support and sponsorship
Conflicts of interest
There are no conflicts of interest.
[Figure 1], [Figure 2]